Thursday, September 9, 2010

Inspiration Thursday! Helen Musselwhite

Since one of my first words was "book! book! book!" it should probably come as no surprise that I love anything to do with paper. Whether it's an old magazine advertisement, a calling card or a piece of Japanese rice paper, I LOVE paper. The look, the touch, the texture, the color all come together to create something more tempting than Bresler's 33 flavors - to me at least.

This is why I love stumbling across a new paper artist. I wrote about an amazing scherenschnitte artist in the spring, but Helen Musselwhite takes paper cutting to a new level - literally - by adding dimension to her work. She uses the textures and colors of the paper to help bring depth to her creations. From monkeys to birds to flowers and trees - the variety of her subjects is just incredible.

Take a walk through her online galleries and see for yourself how talented she is. I find myself gasping as each new story unfolds in a picture. I'd usually say my favorites are the ones with birds, but it's really too hard to pick a favorite with this artist - they're all beautiful!



It's truly a place to find inspiration... but be careful not to lose yourself under a glass dome.


*Please note, all pictures property of Helen Musselwhite.

No comments:

Post a Comment