Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Vintage Wednesday: Vintage Christmas Decorations


One of the fun things about exploring estate sales in the area is getting to see the Christmas decorations of days gone by. My mother-in-law and I went to a sale last summer and I stumbled upon these little guys and their Christmas trees.

I'm not sure when they were made, though I'd guess somewhere in the 1930s or 1940s. The bottoms are not marked. Each of their bodies are made from a tiny pine cone that's been flocked. They have tiny little white heads with red button noses. All have hats - some top hats and some made of foil paper. A couple are holding "instruments" and one's even smoking a little pipe. The Christmas trees are flocked too and some have little red berries. All of the trees have cotton glued to the bottom, so I assume they used to settle in a bed of "snow." Since they didn't come with their own Christmas village, I've given them their own so they can sing a carol or two. Happy Christmas thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment