Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Working Tuesday: Gem and Jewelry Show December 2010


Well my friends, it's that time again: Gem and Jewelry Show December 2010. The safest path is to avoid the show altogether as there are WAY too many tempting things if you love all things jewelry like me. Unfortunately, I didn't heed my head and followed my heart to the show. I also took my husband who is a TERRIBLE influence ("Just get both of them!").

I did manage to largely control myself, but I found a couple noteworthy things. The best, by far, were these mother of pearl medallions that the seller (I think) said were "razor" cut, but I'm pretty sure he meant laser cut. I only got one strand as they were rather pricey, but he had some that looked like snowflakes and some that had roses cut out of them - in both large and small sizes.

The trend this year seems to be going toward crystals. I saw TONS of crystals all over the show. I also found some interesting shell looking items that reminded me of the beach.

I was looking for glass pearls for an order that's pending, but wasn't able to find any. I told my husband that I was tripping over them two years ago, and couldn't find any good quality REAL pearls. The opposite is true today. There was a huge variety of pearls in different shapes and sized - including really good quality freshwater pearls for very reasonable prices.

That's the report on the Gem and Jewelry Show... and now we return to our regular programming....

No comments:

Post a Comment