Saturday, December 11, 2010

Weekend Wanderings: Ocean City, NJ


As we feel the bitter cold of winter, my mind is going back to the days of summer. I'd heard quite a bit about Atlantic City, NJ and quite a bit about Ocean City, MD, but I'd not heard much about Ocean City, NJ. My friends took me there for the first time in late summer and I was so pleasantly surprised by what I found!

First of all, it's a dry boardwalk, which makes it very family friendly. There is a carnival complete with carousels, Ferris wheel, whirly rides and even an old fashioned roller coaster.

There are shops like a sweets store that's been there since the late 1800s.

There are a ton of boardwalk type food offerings - like ice cream, curly fries, pop corn, pretzels, hot dogs, hamburgers, etc. And there are some sit down restaurants as well.


And of course, there's a lovely beach.

We had a wonderful time visiting for the day and I hope some day you get to enjoy it too!

No comments:

Post a Comment