Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Vintage Wednesday: Vintage Christmas Ornaments



In an effort to make this a simpler Christmas, I used mainly our collection of vintage Christmas ornaments to decorate our tree this year. There's something about the mercury glass, the stars, the hand blown ornaments that make my heart swell. I especially love the few ornaments we have that have "Silent Night" stenciled on them along with a scene from a little town. And the ornaments that have the centers recessed sparkle in the twinkling lights.

My husband did request we put the bubble lights on this year. I remember when I was a child these were one of the most fascinating part of Christmas decorating. That they would BUBBLE in colorful light was one of my favorite parts of the tree. Thankfully bubble lights have been updated so that my grownup tree can be festooned with them without my fear of the old wires causing fires!

Hope you're finding your own traditions in celebrating this holiday season and hope it's filled with joy, love and laughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment