Thursday, September 16, 2010

Inspiration Thursday! Deborah Sielski

While traveling last weekend I glanced in a shop window and saw a streak of silver. Streaks of silver are almost always guaranteed to catch my eye - whether sterling, plated, mercury glass or even (yes, I admit it) glitter. Silver is sparkly. It's pretty. I love it.

So when I took a closer look and realized these little sculptures were not only mercury glass, but also made from vintage Christmas materials, I deemed them worthy of inspiration! Deborah Sielski is an artist after my own heart. She too has a love of things sparkly and a love of "all things holiday. Her ornaments and chandeliers carry a touch of elegant whimsy. And it's definitely worth checking out her portfolio.

It certainly was a bright spot in my day!

No comments:

Post a Comment