Friday, May 7, 2010

Foodie Friday: Pepperoni Rolls

I know, I know, I keep posting these fattening Italian dishes. I promise I'll post something healthier soon. But in the meantime, let me tell you about something that was invented in my home town: pepperoni rolls!

Even in my hometown, people have their personal favorite brand of rolls and preparation style. I personally love the original bakery's rolls, Country Club Bakery pepperoni rolls to be exact. Other people love Muriale's rolls or Colasessano's rolls, but I think CC Bakery's are the best (this will become important if you ever visit my hometown). Generally I try to pick up a couple dozen when I'm home and then bring them back to eat and freeze for later.

My preferred way to fix them is with a couple tablespoons of Oliverio's sweet peppers - another regional favorite - and some mozzarella cheese melted on top. Put all of that in a 350 degree oven to melt the cheese and prepare yourself for greatness!

2 comments:

  1. Do you ever make your own pepperoni rolls? I have had to resort to that, living in this area.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not that talented. Actually, I'm not a bread maker, which hampers me in many ways. :) I can dig in dirt, cover my hands with paint or plaster, but I can't stand the stickiness of bread... or caulk for that matter!

    ReplyDelete