Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Vintage Wednesday: Treasure hunting

I'm generally an estate sale girl. You see the ad, they describe what they have and often there are pictures that help me decide whether I want to go or not. I don't often do yard sales, but Community yard sales sometimes catch my eye.

My MIL has a standard, "Stick with the older neighborhoods. Those people just want to get rid of stuff." I tend to agree. Younger neighborhoods usually have younger couples, and I'm not yet in the market for toys, DVDs and baby clothes. Community yard sales, however, have a concentrated number of people in a small space, which means more opportunity for treasure!

Last weekend I struck gold - well, really silver, but you get the idea. I found a sale with an older woman who was getting rid of antiques for super cheap! My find? Digging in the jewelry box, I found a very detailed sterling silver pin. The "patina" was deep - it probably hadn't been cleaned in a while. I knew, however, it was sterling because of the stamp on the back.

And wanna know the best part? It was a QUARTER!!

Happy treasure hunting!

No comments:

Post a Comment