Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Working Tuesday: Etsy Treasury East

If you follow the blog, Facebook or Twitter, you know I have really gotten into making Etsy Treasuries. According to Etsy:
The Treasury is a member-curated gallery of short-lived lists of 12 handpicked items each. Members can feature their favorite items, items selected on a theme or just whomever they like. The Treasury is not intended for self-promotion, but instead to acknowledge and share the many cool things for sale on Etsy.
I've very much enjoyed thinking up themes, cool names and finding items that fit into my self-picked Treasury according to color, photo layout and style. You're not allowed to put more than one of your items in a Treasury, but I find it a challenge to pick an item and find it's genre so to speak. It's taught me quite a bit about photos and layout as well. It's not gotten me a ton of new eyes, but it's been a great way to explore the world of Etsy.

Etsy has started a beta section called Treasury East. Treasury East doesn't have a time limit when the list expires into the ether, and you have more choices you can highlight. I've pulled together a couple lists just for fun.

The first I called "Cotton Candy." I've just added a new section called "Milk Money Designs" to the shop. These items were made by my good friend Kat and there's one necklace in particular that I adore - I have since she made it. It is sparkling sumptuousness and it deserved to be highlighted.

The other is "Spring can really hang you up the most" inspired by Spring and Bette Midler - again, trying for a catchy name. This one includes designs inspired by flowers or spring and are rich in pinks, reds, blues and greens. Some of my favorite designs on Etsy are in this particular Treasury.

I'm sure there's more Treasury fun in my future. These are just the beginning. In the meantime, enjoy exploring with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment