Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Working Tuesday: Pearl Flowers

If you've followed me on Facebook, you know I've been doing quite a bit of work turning pearls into flowers with Swarovski crystal centers. The key is finding pearls that look like petals and then dreaming how they should look.

The diamond shaped pearls remind me a lot of periwinkle flower petals. The keshi pearls with their irregular shapes are like rose petals. And the potato pearls are almost perfectly rounded like the crocus flower. I've already put a couple of these combs in the Etsy shop, but I've still got to attach the diamond petaled flowers to silver hair pins that have yet to be made.

I'm still experimenting with the different shapes and numbers of petals, but I love how these are turning out. They combine two of my favorite things: pearls and flowers! It's almost like making something out of nothing....

No comments:

Post a Comment