Monday, October 11, 2010

DIY Monday: Reader Question - How do I send cake?

Dear SwoonStudios,

My son and daughter-in-law are approaching their first year anniversary and I want to send their cake top to them. I've saved it in my freezer the entire year to surprise them. Do you have any ideas of where or how to do this?

Sincerely,
Proud VA Mama

Dear Mama,

Why YES! I do have ideas of how to do this. Find a place that sells dry ice and get some - locally there are some grocery stores that sell it in their freezers. Then find a sturdy box and some bubble wrap and wrap up the cake topper, carefully including the dry ice. Remember NEVER to touch dry ice with your bare hands as it will give you a nasty ice "burn."

Then Fed Ex or UPS your carefully wrapped creation to your dear son and DIL. Keep in mind there could be restrictions on using dry ice for air transit. I know Fed Ex requires special labeling because dry ice changes from solid to gas carbon dioxide as it "melts." Be sure to let them know it's in the package.

I hope this helps and they enjoy tasty morsels of their wedding cake while celebrating their first year of marriage!

Swoon

No comments:

Post a Comment