Thursday, March 3, 2011

Inspiration Thursday! I may have misplaced my inspiration...

Ever had one of those days where you just want to turn off the alarm, pull the covers over your head and stay in bed until "it" passes? That's been my last two weeks. I was in a play once in which one of the lines was, "There's been bad news on top of bad news." That's been my last two weeks. I can get on top of one piece of trouble and another comes along to try to knock me down. I'm afraid I've misplaced my inspiration. So, how do I find it again?

I count myself pretty lucky. I was raised by parents who even when times were tough they were counting their blessings. I come from a long line of "pioneers" - people who refused to let the tough times around them put them in a funk, people who forged ahead despite adversity (or an uncooperative piece of land, or "hostile territory").

This week Charlie Sheen made quite a stir, and one video clip showed him saying something like, "What am I going to go do? Cry in a corner? Grow up. GROW UP!" As much as someone has been visiting Crazytown this week, I do agree with that sentiment.

You see, we have choices in our lives. We can sit in a corner and cry about what we don't have in life, what's not been given to us, what we "deserve" to get but just don't have or how life's so unfair. OR we can get on with the life that's been given to us, breaking down bad situations into manageable pieces and finding ways to deal with what we've been given. We can stop focusing on ourselves, on what we don't have, and look around us to the people who are really struggling and try to lend a hand.

So as much as life is trying to hand me trouble, I'm here to tell you I'm one very blessed individual. And I'm getting off my duff and getting to the tasks at hand. I'm opening my eyes to the people around me who really need some help and I'm lending a hand... or an ear... sometimes a foot. I refuse to wallow in self pity. Because there's simply not enough time in life to waste it - and too many people to love, help and support.

Huh, well maybe I just found my inspiration again.

No comments:

Post a Comment