Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Working Tuesday: April showers bring May flowers...


Ok. I admit it. I know. I've been obsessed with flowers lately. Alright, so it's not a recent obsession, but the difference is now I'm posting them all over my blog, my website... you get the idea. And I think it's been leaking into my work. Ok, it IS leaking into my work.

A couple weeks ago I got some Swarovski petal pearls in an order from Fire Mountain gems thinking I would use them in some wedding accessories and I think the results were wonderful! I think I'm either going to use them in a comb or in individual hair pins. Either would be lovely!

I'd like to do the same thing with petal-like Keshi pearls, but have wondered if I can actually make a profit on something like that considering the Keshi pearls I liked were somewhere around $250 a strand!

Those flowers went so well for me, I picked up some petal shaped dichroic glass beads in pink. I added some pink buttons for the center and started playing around with those as pendants. The latest I've paired with rose quartz and some golden spacer beads. I'm still playing around with laying out the design, but I'm having fun with that result too.

Last weekend, after spending a day photographing Mama E's garden, I decided to pull together some bluebell earrings from some Czech flower beads that have been hanging around. I've been collecting flower beads for a couple years now and I'm just getting around to pulling together some designs with them - and I'm just getting started with what I've got!

So you'll probably be seeing more flowers. But it's spring, so that's probably not such a bad thing!



No comments:

Post a Comment