Thursday, April 8, 2010

You are my inspiration... Yvette?

Photo property of circ

Can you name that tune?

I was thinking this evening about where I find inspiration. Sometimes I find inspiration in music, which could be why I know some pretty obscure music. Often I find inspiration in nature. You can probably tell that from the pictures I take. Sometimes the raw materials themselves bring me the inspiration I need. J calls it making something out of nothing.

Occasionally I stumble across a design that shows me I'm not alone in finding inspiration from the materials that make up the finished whole. The other day, I fell in love. I often look around other shops on Etsy to see how other artists are using vintage materials in a new way. There's a particularly wonderful shop called "circ" that uses vintage pins - that were individually beautiful - and creates a larger, more beautiful whole.

I especially like the Bluebird Necklace, shown here and in the picture above. The color and design are just spectacular and I am now on a quest to find my very own set of pins to make my own flower garden necklace. The true beauty of this type of piece is that no two will ever be alike! Well, that and the fact that it gives me an excuse to haunt thrift shops and estate sales... but that's another post altogether.

So where do you find your inspiration? From the flowers in the field, the mountains in the distance or a vibrant sunrise? From a compelling lyric or melodic phrase? Or do you see the beauty in a fellow artist's work? Wherever you find your inspiration, I hope you keep looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment