Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Working Tuesday: Garters. The reveal!

A couple weeks ago I showed you some of the garters in process and I wanted to follow up with the big reveal! Here's my current crop of garters for the bride looking to fulfill the "Something old, something new, something borrowed and something blue" tradition.

I use vintage and antique ribbons, trims and buttons and combine them with new lace, beads and some newer buttons to create these beauties.

I've tried to be conscious of a range of sizes - because not all of us are a size zero!! Sometimes the size is also determined by the amount of lace I have to play with - like the third from the bottom in the picture to the left. That's a gorgeous old collar that has raised roses on it.

Anyway, it's off to add these to the ones currently in the shop (a couple of which are included in this picture). Do you know a bride who needs a garter? Remember I do custom orders!

No comments:

Post a Comment