Friday, June 25, 2010

Foodie Friday: Citrus water


A couple years ago I was traveling for business and was lucky enough to stay at a Four Seasons Hotel property. If you've not stayed at a Four Seasons, let me tell you they are fancy dancy - mainly because of the little things they do to make their guests feel welcome.

This particular day was terribly hot - unseasonably so. And after a long day of running through airports, finding baggage, running down transportation TO the hotel and getting there, it was a welcome surprise to find a large pitcher of citrus water. It's so refreshing on a hot summer day!

I brought the idea home to share with you today.

You'll need a lemon, a lime and an orange, a pitcher or glass drink dispenser, water and lots of ice. I cut up my fruit so that I'm left with lots of round slices, taking the seeds out as I go. This is especially important if you're using a glass drink dispenser as those seeds can clog up your spout!

Layer your fruit slices in the bottom of your pitcher - I like to layer them in alternating colors to make a pretty display. Save the last several pieces to line the sides of your pitcher. Pour in a little ice and anchor them to the sides of the pitcher in that ice. Continue filling with ice to the top of the pitcher and then fill about 3/4 full with water. Allow that to sit several hours - it's actually better if you leave it overnight - so that the citrus flavor can infuse the water. When you're ready to serve, add more ice and pour into glasses! You can garnish with a sprig of mint for some extra panache.

This is a wonderfully easy party drink that your guests will love!

1 comment:

  1. This is a really great blog, girl. I hope you're having lots of fun with it.

    ReplyDelete