Thursday, July 7, 2011

Inspiration Thursday! Waiting on the Lord

Last week I endured several days without my husband. It was the longest separation we'd had since we've been married. I was reflecting on how much a part of me he's become in just a couple years. My faith says that when we married two became one. I really didn't understand that at the time, but it's becoming more true every day.

I was pretty old when I got married. Well, let me qualify that. I was much older than any of my cousins. And by WV standards I was positively ancient. By DC standards it wasn't bad, but considering several high school friends were having grandchildren I wasn't a spring chicken.

I'd had time to get a couple degrees. I had a career. I had a house. I had my dogs. I was pretty independent. Which is why when reflecting this weekend I was so amazed that I was feeling so lonely without him in the house. Part of me was gone.

It seemed like it took a long time to find him. In fact, I nearly married someone else when I was much younger. Somehow I knew it wasn't time, he wasn't the man - and today I'm so glad I didn't marry that other guy. It's been a great life lesson for me to wait upon the Lord and not try to get ahead of the perfection God has for me.

So on the days when I'm questioning why God's waiting so long to answer prayers, I'm often reminded that good and perfect things are worth the wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment