Monday, July 11, 2011

DIY Monday: Stain Removal

Last week I shared a tip on using hydrogen peroxide. I'd like to share another little tidbit about peroxide this week. And it's going to get a little personal, so please forgive me for that.

I love to wear white t-shirts in the summer. The problem is that along with the sun, I sometimes develop what Mama used to call "golden glow." If you've seen it, you know what I'm talking about - the lovely yellow stain under your arms from perspiration. Mama, being Southern, says women glow instead of perspire.

Although you can try to Clorox, that will eventually weaken the fabric. Soaking in Biz is not always an option for me either because of space limitations. So I just lay out the shirt, pour on the hydrogen peroxide and rub it into the stain. I leave it soaking in a sink for about an hour and throw it into the wash. If there's still a problem, I try the procedure again. Usually I'm glow free after one wash!

As difficult as it is to share my sometimes problem, I'm doing so for the greater good. Please forgive me for TMI!

*Thanks to CVS for the peroxide picture. Click on the link to get yours from CVS.com!

No comments:

Post a Comment