Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Vintage Wednesday: Halcyon Days Enamels

I come from a family of collectors. Each of us has different things we like to collect, and I'm probably the one with the most collections. Mama, however, has managed to limit her collections. Her favorite is her box collection.

I'm not sure when she began collecting boxes, but for many years wherever we would travel, we'd pick up another box. Windsor Castle? Check. San Francisco? Check. The Wedgewood factory in Stoke-on-Trent? Check. I've found that even when I'm traveling without her, I'm still looking for a box to commemorate the trip or mark an occasion.

By "box" I mean little trinket boxes that are just big enough to hold a few pieces of jewelry or little notes. They can be made of just about anything. One of my favorite lines is made by a company called Halcyon Days in England. The detail in their enamel boxes is amazing with many drawn from china patterns or that contain little sayings. My favorite, by far, is the Corgi box. If you know me, you'll understand why.

No comments:

Post a Comment