Thursday, February 10, 2011

Inspiration Thursday! Random Acts of Kindness Week


Did you know that February 14th begins Random Acts of Kindness Week? An entire week dedicated to doing things that bring happiness to others with no gain for yourself. How appropriate that it begins with Valentine's Day - a day to show love!

I'm going to try to do something every day next week to celebrate. Some ideas that come to mind include: buying a busy co-worker lunch because they can't go out to get it themselves, donating food to a shelter, anonymously leaving flowers for someone I know or dropping some current magazines and/or books by the local nursing home or hospital. I'll have to give this a little more thought, but you get the gist.

Another idea I had is to send a care package to a soldier in Afghanistan. I've not got anyone close to me there at the moment, but I've found this site called AnySoldier.com that looks interesting. I'll be investigating this too and will post an update with my experiences.

Does this inspire you for next week? Post ideas you have for random acts of kindness in the comment section!

*photo thanks to iStockPhoto.com!

1 comment:

  1. It seems kind of small,but recently when one of my kids found a penny on the sidewalk, it got me to thinking...why not leave/drop a few shiny pennies on the sidewalk where some unsuspecting person (perhaps under 3' tall) might find it? The sheer delight with themselves - "I found a lucky penny, mom!" was too cute for words!

    ReplyDelete