Friday, November 26, 2010

Foodie Friday: A Good Cup of Tea


You've stuffed yourself with stuffing and have eaten half a turkey by yourself. You could have floated down a river of gravy. You've had visions of cranberry sauce dancing in your head. But Thanksgiving is over. It's time to sit down with a good cup of tea.

Sometimes when I travel for work, I end up in the Holiday Inn, which often has a lovely breakfast - a Holiday Inn can be lovely. But sometimes when I travel, I end up at a lovely local Inn. One such place is the Centennial Inn in Concord, NH. It's a lovely Victorian building that's been transformed into a hotel - with lovely, soft beds and semi-contemporary furnishings and artwork inside. It was there I came across this tea from Harney & Sons. The Centennial usually has a selection at the front desk to send you on your way... often in the snow in my experience.

I choose my tea carefully. I don't like green teas. I'll take a good Earl Grey any day, but my favorite is a good vanilla tea. When I chose my teabag from their selection, I chose it based on the name: Paris. I mean, who can resist a periwinkle blue and gold sachet labeled Paris?? I was delighted to find a pyramid shaped teabag inside that smelled glorious. And when I brewed my cup, I found the perfect vanilla notes. It's just a smooth, delicious cup of tea.

I pushed the opened sachet into my pocket so that when I got home from my meetings I could look up the company and order some of my own. It's easily ordered online directly from the company, but I've also found it on Amazon. The gorgeous tin is just a bonus!

1 comment: