Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Working Tuesday: Garters on the brain.

I was looking at the garters I have on hand and realized I only had white, white garters. So I poked around in my lace collection and found some beautiful net lace with little flowers embroidered on it. A Biz bath later, it still had a creamy hue, so I pulled out the ecru ribbon and off I went... or so I thought.

Three lengths of ribbon later, I figured out why my sewing machine was acting so crazy (yes, I'm THAT slow). I'd been using quilting thread instead of regular thread, which caused quite a bit of puckering and running off track. I changed the thread, pulled out some new ribbon and voila!

I got this one in one try. I then folded a length of ribbon as you would to make a paper fan or cockade, stitched together the bottom, folded it back on itself and ran a running stitch to the top to make the flower. I completed this garter with a rhinestone and pearl button. A girl's gotta have a little sparkle!

No comments:

Post a Comment